False Hope
Change the pace in this world of so much unfair;
memories of tragedy pulling my heart to no longer care.
Not ready to make nice of years of doubt;
expect little from me when forgiven times I cannot count
Too late to come around as patience as fallen to false hope.
Befriend me I wish you not, for tired my heart of lies you spoke.
I stand consumed by pains I would be rid if I could;
though to confront myself I still find to be misunderstood.
Convinced I am of plans for life without sorrow.
Lay my head to sleep and wake to a new tomorrow.
memories of tragedy pulling my heart to no longer care.
Not ready to make nice of years of doubt;
expect little from me when forgiven times I cannot count
Too late to come around as patience as fallen to false hope.
Befriend me I wish you not, for tired my heart of lies you spoke.
I stand consumed by pains I would be rid if I could;
though to confront myself I still find to be misunderstood.
Convinced I am of plans for life without sorrow.
Lay my head to sleep and wake to a new tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment